Engage Workplace Launch Workplace21
How was working from home for you? Did you have to bribe the children to stay in other rooms doing their ‘home schooling’ whilst you conducted your Zoom calls? Did the Wi-Fi slow to almost zero because of the number of people draining the system? Were you finding yourself working twice the hours you usually do because there seemed to be no end and beginning to the day? Did you get bored of your pjs and long for the day when your work identity could be reinstated?
Whether you have children or pets (or both) video conferencing was rarely uninterrupted by one thing or another. The nation became used to seeing broadcasters having to bat away their private life as they clung to their thread during live broadcasts; boys asking for biscuits, girls fighting with their sibling or dogs barking at the postman.
It’s fair to say that due to the pandemic children have played a massive role in the everyday work life of 2020, so we thought what better way to celebrate their involvement that to ask them to help us design the office of the future?
Never has anything had a greater impact on how our places of work will now be considered and designed, than COVID-19. Never has the need been greater than now for businesses to create welcoming environments that drive collaboration and engagement, innovation and productivity. To move away from the traditional office and toward spaces that mirror how we really want to work and live.
The children we spoke to had other ideas – slides, washing lines, treehouses, mini pools, specially allocated dog areas, sofas and the all-important spinning chairs. So, we’ve decided run a competition to ask a far greater number of children in the UK what they think should be the future of the workplace?
We are asking children aged 5 to 11 to design what they consider to be their ideal office of the future. The winner will receive a digital walkthrough and a 2D print of their design PLUS an annual family ticket to the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth; two runner-up places will receive a 2D printed image of their design.
To enter the competition email email@example.com
Whilst the children might come up with their office in the future – we also want to know what you would have in yours?
Let us know via our social media channels or comment below.
Workplace21 Social Media Competition Rules – Please note entry date extension
The promoter is: Engage People Development Ltd T/A Engage Workplace (05880927) whose registered office is at Harscombe House, 1 Darklake View, Estover, Plymouth, PL6 7TL.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 5 – 11 years except close relatives of employees and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant (and his/her parent/guardian if under 18) is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be Monday 28th December 2020. After this date then no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter, Engage Workplace, reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Children aged 5 – 11 years are to design their ‘office of the future’. For this design they can let their imagination run wild.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The design is to be completed in colour using any medium.
- Once their design is complete it is to be scanned / photographed and emailed as a jpeg to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries MUST be received by midnight Monday 28th December 2020
- All entries will be judged by Francine Brooks and Vince Brooks, owners of Engage Workplace, and Olly Reed, Marketing Manager at National Marine Aquarium, Plymouth during December 2020.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria: Creativity, imagination, innovation and practicality.
- Winners will be notified on Monday 11th January 2021 via email and announced on social media.
- All entries will be shared on the social media channels of Engage Workplace.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and how the prize will be delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
- The parents/guardian of the winner and runners up agree to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, including social media channels, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: Engage Workplace, Unit 4, 6 Darklake View, Estover, Plymouth, PL6 7FB
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or any other social network. You are providing your information to the owners and employees of Engage Workplace and not to any other party.
- Engage Workplace shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Engage Workplace also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
The prizes are as follows:
- The winner will receive an annual family pass to the National Marine Aquarium, Plymouth, a 3D rendered digital walk-through of their design and a framed 2D colour space plan of their office design.
- 2 runner up prizes of a framed 2D colour space plan of their office design.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
The prizes are not transferable.
Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.